Vice Golf burst onto the golf ball scene in 2012 as a German startup challenging the industry’s dominant brands.
With vibrant matte finishes and unique branding, Vice Balls quickly grabbed attention. But their premium pricing compared to larger brands left some golfers wondering – why are Vice golf balls so expensive?
In reality, Vice Balls compete directly with top models from Titleist, Callaway, and others in materials and technology while significantly undercutting those brands on pricing.
Vice’s direct-to-consumer model allows pricing of their tour-level balls at just $30 per dozen.
In this article, we’ll examine Vice’s proprietary construction innovations and use them on professional golf tours. We’ll also see how Vice provides superior performance and quality at reasonable prices compared to leading brands.
Vice Golf Ball Technology
Rather than outsourcing manufacturing, Vice controls production in-house at its German facility.
This allows Vice to invest heavily in advanced materials and innovations:
- New Surlyn Formulation – Proprietary Surlyn blend covers provide a soft feel, control, AND durability.
- Most Consistent Balls – Precision manufacturing ensures every Vice ball meets exacting standards.
- 328 Dimple Design – Special slippery dimple formulation reduces drag for sustained ball speeds.
- Stiletto Core – Optimized core construction maximizes energy transfer to the cover.
This technology demonstrates Vice’s commitment to maximizing quality and performance through R&D and precision manufacturing.
Vice Golf Balls Offer Tour Caliber Performance
A key indicator of a golf ball’s quality is usage by professional golfers who rely on performance for their livelihoods.
Remarkably, within just a few years of their founding, over 100 professionals had put Vice Balls in play, including PGA Tour winners Graeme McDowell and Marc Leishman.
Clearly, these elite players believe Vice offers competitive performance compared to the biggest brands in golf. Vice’s success on professional tours shows the quality of their golf balls.
Direct Customer Reviews Confirm Value
In addition to tour usage, Vice golf balls earn outstanding reviews from everyday golfers:
- Equal Performance – Every bit as long, accurate, and soft feeling as premium balls from Titleist and Callaway.
- Trusted Quality – Consistently meet performance claims; extremely stringent quality control.
- Superior Durability – Covers don’t scuff or shear as easily as competitors.
- Perfect Feel – Provide a soft feel across all clubs, especially putters and wedges.
- Incredible Value – Offer tour-level performance quality at significant savings off the big brands.
These rave reviews counter any claims that Vice golf balls are overpriced.
Vice Golf Ball Product Line
Vice offers a range of golf ball models and constructions to suit every player:
- Pro, Pro Soft, Pro Plus – Premium 3-piece tour performance balls.
- Tour – Mid-compression alternative with a urethane cover.
- Drive – Fast 2-piece construction for maximum distance.
- Color – Matte finish distance balls in vivid hues.
Rather than inflated prices, Vice provides choices aligned with golfer preferences across ability levels.
Vice Prices Compared to Brand Leaders
Comparing Vice with other leading golf ball brands further dispels any notion they are too expensive:
- Vice Pro 3-piece Urethane: $30 per dozen
- Titleist Pro V1 3-piece Urethane: $50 per dozen
- Callaway Chrome Soft 3-piece Urethane: $47 per dozen
- Bridgestone Tour BX 3-piece Urethane: $45 per dozen
The superior value of Vice relative to top competitors is clear. Vice offers undisputed tour quality and performance at prices 30-40% below the big brands.
The Verdict on Vice Golf Balls
When objectively comparing Vice golf balls to both premium leaders and discounted budget brands, they deliver outstanding quality, advanced technology, and proven performance at reasonable pricing.
Rather than inflated expenses, Vice provides some of the best value available in golf balls today.
Their unique direct-to-consumer model cuts out retail markups to offer unmatched savings on tour-caliber golf balls.
The next time you hear a golfer complaining Vice balls are too expensive, set them straight with the facts. In reality, Vice offers a superior product at fair pricing – debunking myths their golf balls cost too much.